Elwood Dog Beach Information
Between the rock groyne south of Point Ormond and the beach access ramp 35 metres south-east of Normandy Road.
Head south past the Point Ormond and you’ll find the long sandy dog friendly Elwood beach.
The most northern part of the is off leash during the following times:
April – 31 October: Dogs permitted off leash at all times 1 November – 31 March: Dogs permitted off leash only between 5.30am – 9.30am
Further south dogs are allowed off leash between 1 April and 31 October but prohibited at all other times.
Things to remember when walking your dog
- Always walk your dog on leash, unless in a designated off leash area.
- Dogs are prohibited entry to some parks and reserves, check signage before entry.
Your responsibilities in off-leash areas
Dogs must be on a chain, cord or leash if the dog is within 20 metres of
- a children’s play equipment area
- an area where a public meeting is being held
- a permanently designated barbeque and picnic area
- an on-leash signed lake or pond
- an area where an organised sporting event is taking place.
Dogs must be on leash in all car parks.
Owners must have effective control of their dog at all times.
Elwood Beach Dog Off Leash Area, 67 Ormond Esplanade, Elwood VIC 3184, Australia